Nathan's parents and Aunt Linda and Uncle John were in NC this week visiting. Nathan's cousin Sarah recently got engaged to Bill, so they were working on wedding preparations and got a chance to meet little Jonathan.
On Saturday evening we all got together at my mom's house because we don't have a big enough house to accomodate. Nathan got a turkey fryer (from my sister...it is by far his favorite Christmas present) and we decided to use it for the gathering. We (and when I type "we", I mean Nathan) started working on Saturday morning at our house to get things ready. He made dessert, gravy and prepped the turkey (I was cleaning upstairs). We thought we would have plenty of time to get to my parents house and even take a nap, but we should have known that having a baby in the house slows everything down! My day is broken down into 3 hour chunks based on Jonathan's eating schedule. Sometimes a feed can take an hour and then you only have 2 left! Nathan had Jonathan in between feeds while he worked on getting dinner ready.
We ate a delicious turkey and also enjoyed potatoes, a pasta dish and Ashley made a delightful banana cake! It was nice to spend time with Nathan's family. Jonathan was well loved and we talked weddings with Ashley and Sarah. Uncle John enjoyed a nap because the wedding talk was more than he could take! All the boys cleaned up as the girls chatted.
Sunday, December 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I heard a rumor that Jonathan wanted his mom to post about the sleeper over he had with his Auntie. I dont know if that is true or not, but prehaps you should look into it.
Becky,
Glad to hear things are going well. I need to update my blog and will this weekend. We will be returning tomorrow from out 20 day Christmas break trip with our now one month old!!
I am going to try to give you a call sometime soon! I'm sure we could find things to talk about!
Tell Nathan I said hi!
Post a Comment