Last week we went to church, so we thought it wouldn't be a problem to go this week. We left the house about 5 minutes late (but that is actually really good for me...although Nathan is on time for things, I just tend to drag him down). I didn't have my make up done, so I decided to do it on my way to church (which is pretty typical). No problem, except that I did not eat breakfast and sweet Nathan packed yogurt for me. I couldn't eat and do my make up, so Nathan proceed to give me a spoonful of yogurt here and there. We managed not to get any on us. Well, poor Jonathan had started eating a bottle before we left and he wasn't done. So Nathan put him in his car seat and propped the bottle up on a blanket. We thought it was pretty good for him to give himself a bottle at 3 1/2 weeks old. I wish I had been able to take a picture, but I was too busy doing my make up!
We finally got to church, but I wasn't finished when we got into the parking lot. I glanced over at Nathan and noticed that he had forgotten to shave. He knew he had an extra razor in the truck, but wasn't sure where it was....we searched in the glove compartment with no luck. Nathan thought it might be in the compartment behind me, so I moved out of the way for him to check, nope! Then he looked in the compartment under me. Yes! He turned it on to find out the batteries were dead. But, prepared Nathan had extra batteries. So, we searched in the compartment behind me again, found them after a few minutes and he shaved. I finished my make up and we were off to church.
We made it into the parking lot at 11:00, but didn't get to our seats until 11:10. Better late than never!!!!!!
Sunday, December 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
okay, this is preemptive warning that you shouldn't take my upcoming post personally. it will publish on tuesday, but i wrote it tonight before i read yours and i wasn't thinking of anyone in particular when i wrote it. and besides, who wouldn't understand your situation? 11:10 is impressive considering all that you went through...
cc and darby missed church completely today because i had the only key to her car on my keyring. DOH!! of course she didn't realize it until she got darby all dressed up in her christmas outfit and into her carseat...
wow, this is a long comment.
Thanks for the laugh this morning! Kids make life so interesting don't they.
You guys were so calm and cool at church, I never would have guessed that you had just been through all of that! You are too funny!
Post a Comment