Thursday, December 20, 2007

Joyous Thanksgiving

As you know from our previous post, we missed the first 10 minutes of the service on Sunday morning and I will be honest, it is harder to stay focused on the message when you have a newborn to worry about. So, I can't tell you everything about the message, but I do remember the pastor saying something about "joyous thanksgiving." It is easy for me to get caught up in a "Poor Becky" cycle. My current cycle is that I have to go back to work in February. I know that is not the worst thing that could happen. For many reasons, not just financially, it is not the right thing for Nathan, Jonathan and me. So when I heard the phrase "joyous thanksgiving" I decided to take some time to reflect on what I really do have to be thankful for, and to focus on the positive (this is a post I am going to have to re-visit often to remind myself)....

-a husband who loves me and is so involved in everything with the baby and me
-a happy, healthy, slept 6 hours last night, beautiful baby boy
-my parent's support and the fact that they live just 15 minutes from us
-a family that really loves us and supports us
-friends...from church to school, we have been blessed with the greatest, most supportive and encouraging friends
-a cozy place to live with a new heating system
-hot meals that have been delivered for the past few weeks
-a dog who adjusted well to life with a new baby
-a first year business that has been capable of paying Nathan a salary every month since it started (http://www.encompassbuilders.com/)
-a first year business that has allowed Nathan and me to have more time together than any other time in our relationship
-we are all healthy
-my job...it is fabulous and year round schooling has been a wonderful thing for us
-our only debt is the mortgage on our house
-we love our church (http://www.crossponte.org/)
-we have a Savior who was born for us some 2000 years ago who came to save us all

...now really, I can handle going back to a job that I love when my mom can watch my sweet Jonathan!

No comments: