Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Shamrock Shakes

Aunt Linda sent Jonathan two $1 gift certificates to McDonald's so that he could celebrate St. Patrick's Day with a shamrock shake. (He is Jonathan Patrick, after all, and he does have Irish roots). Nathan was so excited when he saw them and told me how he loved shamrock shakes. Today, he has a long day and we won't see him until about 8:30 tonight. I thought it would be fun to get a shamrock shake and surprise him at work. I checked online and saw that McDonald's had them. Then I went to one and they said they didn't have them. I called my mom and had her call several McDonald's until she found one. In the meantime, I stopped at another one, only to be told no. My mom called and said the one on Walnut had them. I drove out there to get my third and final no. (Also, as a side note, the McDonald's closest to my house, just got knocked down about a week ago to be re-built, so I sort of feel like I got 4 no's.)
Where oh, where have the shamrock shakes gone???

No comments: