Then (the phone call on the way home from work)...
Me: Hey, baby. How was your day?
Nathan: Good. Not too much was going on but I got the things done that needed to be done. How was yours?
Me: It was good. We had some good volunteers in today. My classes were all pretty good.
Nathan: I am just cleaning up. I will be home in about 30 minutes.
Me: Okay. See you soon.
Nathan: Love ya. Bye.
Me: Love you, too. Bye.
(About two weeks ago) Now ...
Nathan: Hey, it's me. I was thinking we need to make a plan.
Me: For what?
Nathan: The plan for what we do the first time Jonathan needs stitches.
Me: Did he get hurt? What happened?
Nathan: He got hurt, but he doesn't need stitches. After you left this morning he climbed up the bookcase, jumped into the toy box and tried to get up onto the couch from the toy box. He hit his head on the coffee table on the way out.
Me: Good. I am glad he doesn't need stitches. What do you mean then?
Nathan: I know he is going to need stitches eventually. If it happens when he is with me, I just want to make sure I know how to handle it.
Me: Here is the plan: Take him to the hospital and call me. I will get there as soon as I can.
Nathan: Just wanted to make sure. I'll be home soon. Love ya. Bye.
Me: Love you. Bye.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
What a difference a kid makes. Do you ever stop and think what you did before you had kids? I do and man it must have been pretty boring :)
So funny, Becky. Though, if given a choice, Matt and I would say to opt for the "glue" instead of stitches. It's faster, which means you don't have to hold them down for as long in the doctor's office. :)
Post a Comment