I teach kindergarteners and first graders technology. (I also teach 3rd & 4th grade library, but they aren't nearly as funny as the younger ones!) Anyway, here are some of the things that they have said or asked me:
-Are you having a baby? (This is funny to hear in November because I have been their teacher since July.)
-Why is your belly so fat?
-When are you going to have the test that tells you if you are having a boy or girl?
-Are you going to have 2 babies? Your tummy is really big.
-My mom had a baby and she wasn't as big as you.
-One child asked me if I was having a baby and I said yes, but I didn't know if it was a boy or a girl. She said, "Wow, you are going to have 2 then?!??!!"
-What are you going to name your baby? You should name it __________ (whatever their name is).
-I ask them if they think it is a boy or girl and they always respond with whatever sex they are....the boys are sure it is a boy and vice versa.
-I used to get hugs from the students on their way out of the room. Now I get my belly rubbed or patted and a "Bye, Baby."
-In one first grade class, the teacher convinced the students that I had swallowed a basketball and that I give it a pump a day through my belly button. That explains why it gets bigger. The kids ask me about my ball every time they see me!
In their defense, they are obsessed with my belly, but it is right at their eye level. I guess it makes sense!
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I like the one about his/her mom not being that big! So funny.
Are you still working!? I go to the MD today for my first appointment. 13 weeks. We're gaining on you! :) We are so excited to meet Baby Ashley!
I'm writing this on your due date and wondering if you'll be one of the lucky few who delivers on this day!! or maybe you're enjoying him/her right now! Yay.
Post a Comment