Friday, September 7, 2007

Timing

I started a new job this school year and it is wonderful! The schedule is not as demanding as regular classroom teaching position. Anyway, when I reflect on things have worked out, I know that I couldn't have planned the move any better with the baby on the way. Even being able to leave for appointments and my duty schedule have worked out wonderfully!

I am not always good at being aware of what there is to learn around me, but I have noticed how God has been showing me something. A few weeks ago our church announced that it was going to have a marriage conference. I really didn't think much of it because I really do have a wonderful marriage (mostly just because Nathan is amazing, not because of me!). It did make me realize that one day the children that we will have will leave and go to college, too and that will be hard. But then I think, we get our Nathan & Becky time back! One of the reasons that we waited as long as we did to have kids was because we didn't want to give up the time we had with just the two of us. Anyway, it became apparent that although we are having a baby, our marriage relationship still trumps the kids. Our relationship has been relatively easy, however we aren't foolish enough to believe that is the way it will always be, especially with children in the mix. So...we have to work on our marriage and keep it healthy, so that when our kids do go to college, we still know and like each other! So, we will be attending the marriage conference! And I will try to be more aware of what is going on around me!

1 comment:

The Arnold Family said...

Hey! You've been doing this a long time!!