Friday, September 21, 2007

Our Daughters

Kris and Greg, our friends from church, went on a mission trip to Kenya. (You can check out details at www.jonathanbow.com.)
Anyway, Nathan and I were recruited to watch their daughters, Kelsey and Courtney. They have a full schedule, so we really haven't seen very much of them. They are involved in volleyball, drama, quartet and some other things we aren't even sure of. Basically, we feed them (not even all their meals because they don't get up early enough for breakfast and they go out with their volleyball team after games), do some laundry and Nathan has enjoyed watching "The Biggest Loser" with them. Today after school the girls and I ate ice cream together. They were commenting on how they have spent more time with Nathan than me. They also noticed how much I sleep...the reason that they see more Nate than Becky. They are really great kids and we have enjoyed being with them. It is nice to know that one day our real children will be teenagers, too and they will be pretty independent.

No comments: