In mid-March I entered a room with shelves installed on the walls and tables and chairs stacked on top of each other. The rolling shelves were all pushed against each other and THE SHELVES WERE EMPTY!!
By April, I knew this project was mine and so I solicited help and officially started getting paid for this job on July 1.
Well, hours and hours and hours later with help from colleagues, friends and family, this brand new school library is up and running! Children are circulating books (and READING them!), classes are being taught and technology is being used. And I have to admit, that I was SCARED to accept this job, but I ABSOLUTELY LOVE it! I love reading aloud to kids. I love teaching the Dewey Decimal system. I love figuring out how to make books easier to find. I love teaching how to research. I love collaborating with teachers. I love modeling technology. I love working with the art, music, p.e. and technology teachers. I love that everything is BRAND NEW! I love helping teachers find books to match what they are teaching. I love helping kids finding THE book! I love my job!
There have been moments where it was difficult and I was frustrated and cried and when I had NO IDEA what I was doing (and I know those moments are not over), but over all this position has been so rewarding and I am grateful that the Lord provided this position for me! I can see how God clearly prepared me for this position since I started in this school district in 2002. There are so many times when, you cannot see how God is moving and leading, but when the pieces fall into place, it is so fulfilling.
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Congratulations! I know you're perfect for the job
Post a Comment