I have finally earned my Master of Library Science, but more importantly, I have received my license from the State of North Carolina. It arrived in the mail today! This piece of paper actually means more than my diploma because everything is completely finished!
I am so relieved to have this behind me. There are so many times where I look at Nathan and say, "I never thought I would really finish. I cannot believe I am all the way done." He just smiles and says, "I knew you could do it, Babe."
I started the program at NCCU in the Fall of 2003, taking one class. It was difficult teaching full time and trying to take classes. I didn't take a class in 2006 at all and decided I would not go back. Then, I got pregnant and a library position opened at the school I was working at. I knew that being a classroom teacher and a mom would be very difficult. Then, God worked everything out and I got the job at my school. From the time I got pregnant until December of 2008, I completed 24 credits. The program was 36 credits total. Apparently, I needed to have a baby to motivate me to complete the program!
Thank you to everyone who helped me along the way! I know there are friends who helped by reviewing assignments or allowing me to bounce ideas off of them. Thanks to my mom and sister for helping with childcare and proof reading. Thanks to my dad for encouraging me to go back to school and realizing that the library was a great fit for me! Thank you to all of the friends and family who maintained relationships with us when we could not do something because of "grad school." (I know the excuse got old!!!) Finally, and most importantly, thank you to Nathan for patience, encouragement, support and taking care of Jonathan when I had to go to class, or do work. You are amazing and I could NEVER had done it without you. I love you!!!



5 comments:
Congratulations!!! You worked so hard for it and totally deserve it. I am even more amazed and impressed you were able to do it with a baby. That couldn't have been easy.
congratulations! what an accomplishment. way to go!
Congrats Becky! When's the party? :-)
Congratulations! What a relief to have that behind you! Yeah!
AWESOME! We are so proud of you!!
Post a Comment