In honor of Courtney's 16th Birthday, her parents threw her an "Amazing Race" themed party. Nathan and I were drivers for Team Uganda-Yellow. Instead of bring gifts, each kid brought money. Then each team was assigned a charity. All of the money went to the winning team's charity. Isn't this cool? I love it because it was bigger than celebrating Courtney alone and it was so much fun!
My team had Valerie, Lucy (Courtney's friends from church), Jonathan and Winston (friends from Courtney's school--I know, can you believe their names?????).

Here they are searching for a clue.

This is a great action shot. Cecily (front, blue shirt) and Jenna (second, green shirt) are also a part of my life group. Love these girls!
Here is Courtney (left) getting ready to get on a paddle boat to cross the lake at Bond Park.
It was a great race and in the end, Team Uganda came in first place! Nathan and I had a great time being drivers. Our team was smart, strong and clever!! Way to go!
Happy Sweet 16th Birthday, Courtney! We love you!!



3 comments:
Nate and Becky--So glad you could come and add to the fun!
Great idea! What charity did the money go to?
Our team played for Embrace Uganda, which is a charity to connect American youth with youth in Uganda. Each team was assigned a charity at the start.
Post a Comment