Monday, August 18, 2008

Teeth!!

Well, it is finally here! Our baby is working on pushing 3 teeth out. It has taken him nearly 9 months!
It has been funny as his parents because for months when he has drooled a little, cried a little, spit up a little or had a little bit of a runny nose, people have said, "Oh, poor baby. He must be teething." To which Nathan and I just smiled and responded, "Maybe." We chalked it up as he probably was teething and we just didn't have any idea because we hadn't gone through this before. And we were pretty much right. We didn't have any idea. A few days ago I felt a small bump on the bottom left side of his gums. I would check it a few times a day to see if it had broken through. Then on Sunday I had Jonathan standing on my lap and we were laughing and playing and then I noticed something white on the top right side of his gums. That little sneak had gone and popped one out on top without anyone knowing! I apparently hadn't been looking in the right place! Well, now the one on the bottom has come through and the one next to it is almost out, too.
So, it took him a while, but we he did decide to get teeth, he decided to get 3 at once! I am not sure if that is good or bad for us...good because it is getting all the pain out at once, or bad for us because it is getting all the pain out at once!

No comments: